Request an Appointment
Post Op Instructions Following Denture or Partial Delivery
- Dentures will often need several adjustments in order to fit comfortably.
- To help yourself adjust to your dentures you can practice reading aloud for a little while each day.
- Dentures should be removed overnight or for at least 6 hours a day to give your mouth and gums time to rest.
- At night, you should remove your dentures and clean them. They should be stored in a clean container filled with denture cleaning solution.
- Food particles can become trapped under dentures causing inflammation or sore spots. Lightly brush the roof of your mouth, your tongue, and your gums after removing your dentures.
- You may have discomfort for a few days after receiving your final dentures or partials.
- Brushing the dentures daily is very important.
- Rinsing your mouth with water or mouthwash will help to remove any additional particles that may have been missed during brushing.
- Make sure to visit our office at least once a year to have your dentures adjusted and checked by the doctor. Wearing ill-fitting dentures or partials without proper care and adjustment can cause bone loss in the jaw area and oral disease.
- Please call our office if you are experiencing ongoing pain or discomfort or if you have any concerns regarding your denture.