Author Archives: chingadmin
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety. You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions.
First, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, textor email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete
this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
- Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic.
- Providing more education materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
- We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
- Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
- Record the temperature of every team member each day at beginning of the work day.
- Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Ambient air management with HEPA 13 air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
We know that all of these new procedures will ensure everyone’s safety and health. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We look forward to seeing your
smiles again. Welcome back!!!
Dr. Chen, Dr. Chris and the Ching Dental Care Team
Over the last 40+ years, I have immensely enjoyed the practice of dentistry. I want to give thanks to all who have allowed me the privilege of working with you, your friends,
and multiple generations of families. I am extremely thankful that you have made my professional career rewarding and FUN! The relationships that I have had with so many of you, has been a big part of my life and I will be forever grateful to consider you all friends. I have had a great career.
Sadly, after being hit in a significant motor vehicle accident, I am unable (physically) to continue with the profession of dentistry and have decided to retire.
It is my greatest joy to be able to leave the stewardship of Ching Dental Care to my son and daughter-in-law. Dr. Chris and Dr. Chen are both dedicated to continuing the legacy of providing the best care possible to all of you. They are both caring, talented and compassionate professionals who share my commitment to exemplary dentistry. Both graduated from the University of Illinois, College of Dentistry in 2006.
Dr. Chen continued on with a one year AGD fellowship followed by a one year implant fellowship.
I am so proud as my son has started his journey in teaching fellow dentists how to improve their skillsets. He recently lectured at the Chicago Dental Midwinter Meeting. This annual meeting is one of the three largest meetings in the United States.
I look back with fondness and pride, to my years here with you and all that we have accomplished together. Thank you for your kindness, your loyalty, and your trust. I want to
thank each of you for the opportunity to be your dentist and for your past and present support. It means more to me than I could ever express.
I wish you all the very best in life and dental health in the future,
Dr. Peter Ching